If children are not permitted-not taught-to be adventurers and explorers as children, what will become of the world of adventure, of stories, of literature itself? -Michael Chabon
Saturday, February 5, 2011
The Dangerous Book for Boys
My parents gave Eli a book a few years ago for when he gets older called The Dangerous Book for Boys. This whole "wilderness of childhood" thing reminded me about this book, so I got it out. The chapter on building a treehouse got me especially excited b/c we're trying to figure out a way to build Eli some kind of treehouse/fort. I think this book will be perfect in our quest to let Eli have his own adventures. If you want to read more about this awesome book, click here.
And for you parents out there that have girls, they have The Dangerous Book for Girls too!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Hi - I have the girls book. I'm so excited for C to get into it. We got O a similar one for Christmas this year. While I'm here I'll say - I love this whole approach to child rearing. It is a wilderness, an adventure, a exciting time of creativity, learning, and endless wonder. Lovely blog.
ReplyDeleteThanks, JJ.
ReplyDeleteyou got it.
ReplyDelete