So I got bored last night. Must be the weather. I started thinking that it would be fantastic to stand at the oven and be able to look into the dining room at the same time. Out comes the hammer. Out comes the saw. Wow, I have no idea what I'm doing.
On a positive note, no child has ever admired his father more than Eli admired me as I recklessly threw the hammer into the wall. He kept asking me if I knew what I was doing. Of course I said yes. Lying to children is what fathers do.
At one point Eli said, "Is this when the house falls down?". I had to put the hammer down, laugh, pick it back up, and say (in my best Atticus Finch), "Not yet."
I knew as soon as you got that miter saw you would go crazy...
ReplyDeleteha! actually it was some other saw he already had. but it's only a matter of time...
ReplyDeleteI took a break from destroying things to sit at the kitchen table, opened up the newest Esquire, and there was an article about demolishing old plaster/lathe walls. Perfect timing.
ReplyDelete